I know you don’t want to read about data privacy in general, let alone GDPR (the European Union General Data Protection Regulation, which goes into effect next May). But you really, really need to pay attention. I’ll minimize the pain by offering a little GDPR round-up:
- Data protection vendor Dataguise published a nice set of resources on GDPR compliance.
- Anti-adblocking vendor PageFair offered a new server-side ad rendering technology that’s GDPR compliant.
- Information security consultancy CompliancePoint announced a tool to help companies track compliance with security and privacy regulations, including GDPR.
- Digital workspace provider RES positioned its latest release as supporting GDPR readiness. This is interesting mostly because there’s nothing in it that’s particularly related to GDPR, meaning that someone actually thought GDPR was a hot topic.
- A survey from Insurance Nexus found a cheerful 28% of industry executives saw GDPR as an opportunity to offer new products. A more realistic 54% thought it meant that marketers will need to work harder to demonstrate value in exchange for customer data. Actually, most of this survey is about artificial intelligence and analytics, so download it for those if you think GDPR isn’t sexy enough.